Obtain IEC Code
Import Export Code required in the business of export or import of goods and services. We can help you to obtain an IEC code, prices starting from INR 2899/- only.
START WITH US
Import Export Code, commonly abbreviated as IEC is the first registration required for the business entities who are dealing in Importing or exporting goods and services from India. Import Export Code is a unique 10-digit number issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT). It is a passport for import and export business. IEC is required by importers to clear customs and shipment and to transfer money to foreign banks. Exporters require IEC to send shipments and receive money from foreign banks. In short, no importer/exporter can operate in India without getting the IEC.
Why register for IEC?
• The IEC registration helps traders open the doors to venture into the global market, including registration in online e-commerce operators.
• Businesses can avail of government schemes like Merchandise Export from India Scheme (MEIS), Service Export from India Scheme (SEIS), and others from Customs and Export Promotion.
• No compliance requirements pos registration and hence maintaining the business is relatively simple.
• The process of obtaining IEC is not tedious and can be obtained with minimal, basic documents.
The detailed procedure for registration of IEC:
To get your Import Export license online, you will need to do the following simple IEC registration procedure.
1) The online IEC application form in the format Aayaat Niryaat Form no. 2A is filed with the Directorate General of Foreign Trade. Alternatively, it could also be done offline at the Regional office of DGFT.
2) All the required documents, including bank details and DSC, have to be submitted.
3) Next, the Import-Export code will be allotted and the application will be processed further.
4) Once the documents and application are verified by the authorities, the import-export license will be granted as a soft copy to the entity.
In the following cases the IE Code would be required:
• At the point when a shipper needs to clear his shipments from the traditions at that point, it’s required by the traditions specialists.
• At the point when a merchant sends cash to another country through banks that point, it’s required by the bank.
• At the point when an exporter needs to send his shipments at that point, it’s required by the traditions port.
• At the point when an exporter gets to cash in unfamiliar money legitimately into his ledger then accommodation of IEC is needed by the bank.
One shouldn’t be an enlisted element to apply for import send out code; you can apply even as a person. IEC Certificate is otherwise called Export License, Import License, IE Code, IEC code, EXIM License. All have similar importance.
Complete a simple Form.
Submission and verification of documents.
Application for IEC Registration
IEC Code alloted
A compliance manager will get in touch with you to collect your documents along with a simple checklist. You need to fill up that checklist and submit along with your documents for verification. Our team of experts will verify the documents provided by you and take the procedure further. The compliance manager dedicated to you will keep you updated on the progress of Company Registration throughout the process.
Once your documents along with Checklist are submitted, we shall proceed with the application of your Digital Signature and subsequently the approval of name for your Private Limited Company. You may suggest up to three names of your choice. Names should be unique and suggestive of the Company’s business. We will proceed with application for name for your Private Limited Company in Part A of SPICe Plus form.
We will draft the MOA (Memorandum of association) and AOA (Articles of association). We will file the incorporation documents with MCA through in part B of a form called “SPICe Plus (SPICe +)” along with the subscription statement. Usually, MCA approves the forms within 4-5 days once filed and issues Incorporation Certificate with CIN. PAN & TAN are allotted alongside. You may then proceed to open your Company Bank Account.
What is IEC?
IEC stands for Import-Export Code. It is a 10 Digit unique code issued by the directorate general of foreign trade (DGFT) of commerce and industries ministry of the government of India
Who requires IEC Registration?
Any person or the business type who intends to import or export goods and services from or to India must require an Import Exports Code.
How much time it will take to acquire/obtain an Import Export Code?
Import Export Code can be obtained within 1 week from the date of filing application.
What is ICE GATE Verification?
ICEGATE is an online portal of the Central Board of Excise and Customs [CBEC] which facilitates import export-related services to the trade and cargo carriers and other users of the Customs Department.
ICE GATE Verification ensures that a business entity’s IEC Code registration is duly updated in government custom records.
With ICE GATE verification, Exporter/ Importer never face any kind of hitch doing import and export of goods and services due to non-availability of data in government custom authority records.
What is the validity of the IEC Code?
IE Code is a one-time license and valid for the lifetime of the business.
Is DSC required to obtain IEC Registration?
As per the recent notification, DSC is not required to apply the import-export code.
Do we receive any hard copy from the department?
No, you will receive a final soft copy of the IEC certificate over the email.
Are any monthly returns required to be filed under Import Export Code?
IEC is just a license allowing the import and export of goods. Therefore, no return is required to be filed under the IEC code.
Who can apply for IEC Code Online?
Any kind of business can apply for Import-Export Code Registration who are into the export-import business irrespective of any business entity.
Is there any penalty for not having an IE code?
There is no penalty for not having an IE code but importing and exporting are not possible without an IE Code.
How much time does it take to get an Import Export Code?
Generally, it takes 3 to 7 days to get the IE code certificate after the submission of all required documents and information.
Can I fill in AD Category Bank details in IEC?
Yes, you can fill in AD Category Bank details in IEC. There is space to fill only one Bank account details in the IEC application and the same will be shown in your IEC Registration Certificate. It is always advisable to put that banker details with whom you deal regularly and have good relations.
AD (Authorised Dealer) Category Bank means the bank that deals with the conversion of currency notes, coins, or travelers’ cheques designated in foreign currency into Indian Rupees and vice versa. Their objective is to provide easier foreign exchange facilities for travelers and tourists, including NRIs.
Still, have confusion?
Don’t worry!! Our expert will help you to choose the best suitable plan for you. Get in touch with our team to get all your queries resolved. Write to us at email@example.com or call us @+91 9999347181.
Senixa Legal is a body comprising of professionals with intellectual capability.
We are focused in each possible way so that we can offer you the best tax planning alternatives, moving through a conservative approach towards aggressive, counting on the risk factor too so that you get the best option to choose for.